Potentiostat / FRA for Solar / Photovoltaic Cells
SolarLab XM is part of Solartron Analytical’s new Apps-XM range, a series of potentiostats designed for specific applications.
- Fully integrated optical bench
- Multiple techniques, including IMPS, IMVS, I-V, charge extraction and PV decay, with automated data analysis
- Wide bandwidth impedance and capacitance measurements
- IPCE available as an option
The SolarLab XM is designed specifically for solar cells and photovoltaics research. The system includes a reference grade potentiostat, frequency response analyser (FRA) and PhotoEchem module for complete characterization of a range of Solar/PV cells, including Perovskite and Dye Sensitised Solar Cells (DSSC). It can also be used for the development of visible spectrum photo-electrochemical systems such as Iron-Oxide photo-splitting of water.
The SolarLab is very easy to use; data can be analysed with a single click of the mouse. Experienced users can set up new experiments using a powerful step sequencer.
- Frequency and time domain techniques including IMPS, IMVS, Impedance, Photovoltage Decay, Charge Extraction and I-V
- Auto analysis for calculating effective diffusion coefficients and electron lifetimes
- NIST traceable light source calibration
- Excellent thermal management of light sources for long term stability
- Wide range of monochromatic high brightness LEDs
- Full range of electrochemical techniques, including cyclic voltammetry, chrono methods, galvano methods, impedance and AC voltammetry
- Auxiliary channels (12-wire) for simultaneous anode/cathode voltage and impedance
- Best in class FRA – fast single sine, multisine/Fast Fourier Transform, Harmonic Analysis over the full frequency range
- IPCE option for quantum efficiency measurements